Configuring DNS Entries for MOSS 2007 is no different than configuring DNS entries for any other site. It fairly strait forward and easy to do.
The following will show you how to add a DNS entry for a site.
- Open the DNS Management Console [c:\windows\system32\dnsmgmt.msc]. You must be on a computer/server that has DNSmgmt.msc installed.
- Connect to the DNS Server
- Choose the “Forward Lookup Zones” Folder
- Choose the correct domain for your DNS entry.
- Right Mouse Click on the domain that you want to add your DNS entry to and choose “New Host (A)…” <– 2003 or “New Host (A or AAAA)…” <– 2008
- In the “Name” text box, enter the short/friendly name for the DNS entry. (ex: mysite.com)
- For the “IP address” text box, enter the IP address of the server that your site is running on.
- Leave everything else default and click “Add Host”